Autodsys Releases IntelliCAD 8.4
McMinnville, Oregon — Autodsys, Inc. (http://www.autodsys.com/) announced today the release of IntelliCAD 8.4
, a brand new version with hundreds of improvements.
Many 'Express Tools' have been added to aid in producing and editing drawings including the ability to explode text and attributes, convert blocks to Xrefs, copy nested entities, and draw break lines. Also included are quick leaders, a multiline styles manager, the ability to select similar items, and auto-numbering (1,2,3,etc). New features include ETransmit for packaging all related files for delivery.
There have also been many improvements made to existing features including workspaces and layer control added to Quick Access Toolbar, improved redraw and snap performance and Hatch patterns now support gradients.
Ronald Prepchuk, President of Autodsys, Inc., stated, "Our customers will appreciate the new features and improvements throughout the software. IntelliCAD continues to offer the best value in the CAD marketplace."
IntelliCAD has a suggested list price of $199-$299.
Upgrades from older versions of IntelliCAD are as little as $100.
Autodsys also offers upgrades from any other CAD software. See
IntelliCAD by Autodsys is a
powerful 2D and 3D computer-aided-design (CAD) platform for engineers,
architects, designers and drafters. Anyone who creates, edits, or views
professional drawings will appreciate the power and value of IntelliCAD. It
sets the standard for affordable CAD software offering full Autodesk® DWG®
format compatibility and familiar commands and programming languages. Anyone
who has used the Autodesk AutoCAD® software will easily learn to use
IntelliCAD. IntelliCAD software is designed to work like AutoCAD
and contains all of its standard features including DWG file support as well
as support for industry standard commands, menu files, script files, shape
files, text fonts, hatch patterns, linetypes, LISP programs, SDS/C++
programs, and VBA programs. It also contains many advanced features that make
it easier to create and edit DWG files. IntelliCAD has a suggested retail
price of $249.
About Autodsys, Inc.
Autodsys is a privately held company, commercial member of the IntelliCAD
Technology Consortium and developer of AcceliCAD, IntelliCAD, AcceliARCH
(ArchT), and other utilities to increase user productivity. Autodsys has been
producing AutoCAD add-ons since 1986 and has received industry awards for its
products including “Highly Recommended” and "Best Products of 2008" by Cadalyst
McMinnville, OR 97128
|What's new in IntelliCAD 8.4
- Express Tools
- Convert Block to Xref
- Explode Attributes
- Copy nested entities
- Auto Number (1,2,3,etc)
- Explode Text
- Quick Leader
- Multiline Styles Manager
- Break Line
- Get Selection
- Select Similar
- Workspaces and Layer Control added to Quick Access Toolbar
Working with Files
- Improved entity snap performance in drawings with underlays.
- Improved redraw performance when creating and updating entities in a drawing that has a large number of existing entities.
- Use the new Drawing Properties command to display properties for a drawing, some of which can be modified such as keywords and comments.
- Search for files when using the Open command by clicking Tools > Find.
- Package drawings and supporting files using the eTransmit command.
- More options are available for attaching point cloud files using the Point Cloud Underlay command.
- Running IntelliCAD on a 4K monitor and switching between monitors with high resolutions is greatly improved.
- A new Customize dialog box allows for easier customization of the user interface. Use it to customize menus; the ribbon, application button, and quick access toolbar (for IntelliCAD versions that support a ribbon); toolbars; keyboard shortcuts; and aliases. You can also easily manage .cui customization files and share settings between files.
- Show drawings on individual tabs in the main IntelliCAD window. Use the Options command, click the Display tab, then click MDI Options to specify settings for drawing tabs.
- For versions of IntelliCAD with a ribbon, workspaces are now easily accessible on the Quick Access toolbar.
- Easily save workspaces by clicking Workspaces in the status bar and choosing Save Current As.
- The Drawing Settings command has improved user interface that uses tabs instead of drop-down lists that were used previously.
- Added -MENUUNLOAD command line version.
Selecting and Modifying Entities
- Draw a polyline that has a breakline symbol using the new Break Line command.
- Draw leaders using the new Quick Leader command, or draw multileaders using the new Multileader command. You can edit, align, and collect multileaders. You can also create and assign styles to multileaders, which help control the layout and appearance of multileaders.
- Use the new Multiline Styles command allows you to create and modify multiline styles, which help control the layout and appearance of multilines.
- Search for entities that match properties of other entities using the new Select Similar command. The entities with properties that match are then added to the selection set.
- The new Explode Attributes command ungroups blocks, creating separate entities for each element and converting attributes to text.
- The new Get Selection command selects all entities in a drawing that match both the layer of an entity you select and the type of an entity you select.
- The in-place Multiline Text editor now supports line spacing, lists, and paragraph justification.
- Use the new Explode Text command to break multiline text and single-line text into polylines.
- The new Auto Number command adds numbering to text, multiline text, multileaders, or block attributes.
- Hatch patterns now support gradients.
- New dialog box interface for the Boundary Hatch command.
- HATCHTOBACK command moves hatches to the back of the draw order.
- New Filter option for the -LAYER command. System Variables
- Select entities by creating filters using the Filter command.
- When using the Print command, you can now select print transparency.
- IntelliCAD 8.4 uses Teigha version 4.2.0 from Open Design Alliance.
- Major LISP upgrade (VL*, VLA*, VLAX* functions).
- Added or updated: BLIPSIZE, IFCOSNAP, MLEADERSCALE, SELECTSIMILARMODE, SNAPSIZE, UOSNAP, DTEXTED, GFANG, GFCLR1, GFCLR2, GFCLRLUM, GFCLRSTATE, GFNAME, GFSHIFT, MDISTYLE, MTEXTED, TEXTED, TEXTEDITMODE, XCLIPFRAME.
McMinnville, OR 97128
This email is sent to those who have requested information on
IntelliCAD or other Autodsys products. To be removed from this and future
mailings reply with the word REMOVE in the subject line or message body.